Assembler – Barrie
Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. is seeking a person to join our manufacturing team at our headquarters in Barrie. We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive attitude, eager individual to join our fast-paced environment.
Your role will include but not limited to the following daily activities:
• Interpret and apply correctly dimensions and details from blueprints and CAD drawings to finished products.
• Accurately cut and assemble products.
• Accurately account for materials through material adjustment submissions.
• Provide initial Quality Assurance of product components at the “scratch & dent” level.
• Perform under direct supervision basic tooling and maintenance and machine set-up on specified shop equipment.
• All other tasks as delegated by supervisor including warehouse / shop clean up and building maintenance.
Skills, knowledge and work experience required:
• Must have basic knowledge of hand tools and simple power tools.
• Must be able to ascertain through common sense and limited knowledge the difference between serviceable and non-serviceable tooling and equipment.
• Under minimum supervision to recognize and report simple mechanical and conceptual problems that pertain to product drawings and shop equipment.
• Oral communication / Working with others
Here is your first opportunity to prove to us you have what it takes and want to build a career at Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. You have read our job posting and now we would like you to send us a cover letter and résumé, but don’t give us the same old story. Tell us why you would excel at this position, and what you would want to achieve.
Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer an excellent benefits package; competitive salary and we invest in our people! Develop your career in a fast, friendly, yet professional (ISO certified) work environment. We thank you for your interest and wish you luck! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.