Warehouse Supervisor / Foreman
Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. (AMC) provides outstanding service and support to the Canadian Automation industry. Join a renowned company which has been supplying solutions and high-tech exclusive automation products for over 30 years. With Ontario locations in Barrie, Mississauga, Cambridge and Laval in Quebec.
Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. (AMC) is seeking a hands-on leader to join our warehouse team at our Head office in Barrie, ON. We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive attitude, detail oriented, well organized individual with experience supervising a fast-paced shipping and receiving department ideally in the distribution, manufacturing, robotics, or automation industry.
As the Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. Warehouse Supervisor you’ll be building and maintaining efficiencies within the department while providing exceptional service to our supply chain. Your role will include but not limited to the following daily activities:
• Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping; prepare bills of lading, customs forms, invoices and other shipping documents manually or by computer
• Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods
• Coordinate between departments and within to implement / adhere to processes while create efficiencies
• Ensure proper procedures are being followed in accordance with our ISO standard.
• Unpack, inspect, sort and route goods to appropriate stage & storage areas.
• Suggest efficiency and organizational improvements to ensure your department is functioning optimally.
• Pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions
• Loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyances.
• Receive and verify product accurately for multiple companies.
• Maintain overstock and replenish product bins as necessary
• Return order verification and inspection
• Operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
• Assist Inventory Control in investigating warehouse discrepancies
• Perform Cycle Counts as required
• Ensure the warehouse is in clean and presentable condition at all times
• Ship using the most cost-efficient method, ensuring proper costs are transferred to orders.
• Communicate and negotiate with transport companies for price & damage-free shipments
• All other tasks as requested by manager
Skills, knowledge and work experience required:
• Completion of secondary school or equivalency
• Intermediate computer skills / Document use
• Oral communication / Working with others
• Efficiently running a warehouse / shipping & receiving department.
• Logistics and heavy freight experience.
• Time management & organizational skills
Here is your first opportunity to prove to us you have what it takes and want to build a career at Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. Please send us a cover letter and résumé,, but don’t give us the same old story. Tell us why you would excel at this position, and what you would want to achieve.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and there are a variety of bonus incentives to keep you motivated, in addition to a competitive salary. We invest in our people, develop your career in a fast, friendly, yet professional (ISO certified) work environment.
Thank you for your interest and wish you luck! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.